Friday, January 4, 2008

Bruce Restaurant Review CSA/GC

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!
I recently dined at the following restaurants and wanted to pass this information to you. Stillwater Restaurant and Wine Bar:Located at 5141 Main Street in Downers Grove (630 324-4291)Under the direction of owner/chef Mark Stutz. Open 7 days for lunch/dinner.This is the kind of place you dream about. The entire staff is very aware of dining GF.

They use color coded pans, utensils, dedicated oven and Chef is very detailed on the issue.I have been there twice and both times my seafood entrees were perfect. Nice selection of appetizers which include Garlic/Goat cheese pita (GF of course), crab salad, wonderful salads and very tasty french onion soup.Do not miss the exceptional Flourless Chocolate cake!The GF menu is classy and in addition to whats offered on the GF menu, dont overlook items on the regular menu. Many are already GF or can be made GF, and the Chef will advise you further.

Anthonys Italian Chop House:Located at 1909 Spring Rd in Oakbrook (630 472-6000) in the Doubletree Hotel. Under the direction of CSA Executive Chef Aaron Flores. Open daily EXCEPT SUNDAYS from 5p-10p. This is a GF oasis for dining options and you will look forward to visit again. Chef Flores was in and he advised how they use a seperate cooking area and the staff undergoes extensive training on how to prepare GF meals.Another classy GF menu. They serve you some of the very best rolls, those I dined with wanted my rolls instead of thier bread.

I had thier signature dish, Seafood Risotto and it was fantastic. The menu offers a variety of options with a Mediterranean flair and Chef Flores updates the choices. I did notice GF brownies and other dessert items listed.The Atrium Cafe (did not try) is open daily for bfast/lunch and I was informed offers a GF menu. My intentions are to send out an email several times a month with Restaurant Reviews. Restaurant Review forms are avlb, contact me to have them sent to you.

I REALIZE WE ALL HAVE DIFFERENT TASTES, BUT THESE CHEFS HAVE GONE OUT OF THEIR WAY TO CREATE SAFE DINING. LETS SHOW UP TO THESE AND OTHER RESTAURANTS TO SHOW OUR SUPPORT, CAN YOU IMAGINE WHAT IT WOULD BE LIKE IF WE DIDNT HAVE THESE OPTIONS!

Dining tip:Every Chef I have spoken with here in the Chicagoland area or when I travel inform me how much they APPRECIATE knowing in advance that I will be dining and what my dietary needs are (specifically those restaurants without a GF menu)..... HAPPY DINING! Bruce Restaurant Review CSA/GC

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I wanted to give you a heads up that there is a new gluten free vegan restaurant open in Chicago. I have had at least 4 or 5 different people tell me about it in the past week or so. It is called The Balanced Kitchen. Here's there website: www.gfreev.com

I have not been there yet, but can't wait to try it out. There menu sounds amazing! (Although, their hours are a bit weird.)